● JOIN NOW! It's never too late to become a member of the 2020-21 DOBBS FERRY PTSA ! Click the "Join" link above or click here for the membership store!
● WE NEED YOU! The PTSA is seeking positive, passionate and responsible volunteers to fill our open Executive Committee positions for the next school year. Those who want to help our children and school community can apply by contacting our newly-appointed nominating committee through President Brooke Bass at
● SAVE THE DATE: Springhurst families! Registration for the virtual Harlem Wizards fundraiser for the PTSA starts on Tuesday, February 23. Exciting, interactive events are planned for March. Stay tuned for more info on all the basketball fun and magic!
● COMING SOON: High School families! Don't miss Financial Aid expert Michael Turner on Tuesday, March 2 at 7:30 pm as he discusses "What Can We Do Now: Financial Planning in the Time of Chaos" AND later in the month the Wellness Committee presents "What's Your Digital Footprint?" with Ted Birkhahn on Tuesday, March 16 at 7:30 pm. Zoom links to both events will be forthcoming.
● IN THE NEWS: As seen in The Rivertowns Enterprise, our PTSA committee chairs and members are hard at work for our community. The Safe Routes committee (1/28) gave a comprehensive presentation to the Village on keeping our streets safe for all and the Diversity Committee (2/5) spearheaded the Out for Safe Schools initiative in the district.
● TAKE A LOOK: The PTSA purchased Black Lives Matter and Pride flags to display in our district school buildings in support of the DFHS BIPOC Student Union and the DFMS Social & Racial Alliance. Contact DFMS teacher Katia Marques at for more info.
● THANKS EVERYONE! We appreciate your ongoing support especially during these challenging times. Our Double Good popcorn fundraiser, Spirit Wear pop-up sale, and Diversity UNITY lawn signs raised some much needed funds. And many thanks to Outdoor Classroom chair Sara Sellitti for donating Springhurst Garden produce to the Dobbs Ferry Food Pantry and to SPRING chairs Ellen Crane and Robin Larkins for all their generous efforts with the Pantry too.
● IN HER MEMORY: The Sharon M. Propson Language and Literature Scholarship was approved in December to honor the legacy of a beloved Dobbs Ferry parent and executive book publicist who sadly passed away last fall. The scholarship will be awarded each year to an eighth grader who excels in Language and Literature and shows a love for books and reading.
● INSTAGRANT AT WORK! Springhurst speech pathologist Lynn Sudak's request for the purchase of Boom cards for her students was recently approved. These cards will help Lynn and her colleagues during remote teaching sessions. We encourage all teachers to apply for a PTSA Instagrant! So easy to do and the rewards are endless.
● MORE INFO HERE! To read more about upcoming events, click here for the February 2021 PTSA Newsletter! Check out back issues under the What We Do banner above.
● DO-GOODER FLASHBACK: DFMS Design Teacher JP Kaminski and PTSA President Brooke Bass on Eyewitness News!